U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
State Profile and Energy Estimates
Choose a U.S. State or Territory
- Excluding federal offshore areas, Oklahoma ranked fifth in crude oil production in the nation in 2015.
- Oklahoma had five operating petroleum refineries with a combined daily capacity of more than 511,000 barrels per day (2.8% of the total U.S. operating distillation capacity) as of January 2016.
- Oklahoma is one of the top natural gas-producing states in the nation, accounting for 7.6% of U.S. gross production and 8.7% of marketed production in 2015.
- The benchmark price for a blend of U.S. crude oils known as West Texas Intermediate (WTI) is set at Cushing, Oklahoma.
- In 2015, Oklahoma ranked third in the nation in net electricity generation from wind, which provided about one-fourth of the state's net generation.
Last Updated: February 16, 2017
More Data & Analysis in Oklahoma
Oklahoma, U.S. Rankings
|Total Energy per Capita||10|
|Total Energy per Capita||12|
|Carbon Dioxide Emissions||17|
Today In Energy
Oklahoma at a GlanceOklahoma
Energy Highlights ›
Fact Sheet ›