U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
No, the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) does not make projections for individual states. However, EIA does have projections for different regions of the country.
- Natural gas prices (by sector)
- Electricity retail sales (by sector)
- Electricity prices (by sector)
- Electricity generation (by energy source)
- Fuel consumption for electricity generation (by fuel type)
- Energy consumption by sector and source by Census division—supplemental tables 2 to 2.9
- Energy prices by sector and source by Census division—supplemental tables 3 to 3.9
- Electricity generation by sector and source, and sales and prices by sector by electricity market regions—supplemental tables 55 to 57
- Renewable energy capacity, generation, and consumption by fuel and the electric power and end-use sectors byelectricity market regions—supplemental tables 58 to 58.22
- Diesel fuel, motor gasoline, jet fuel, and residential heating oil prices and price components by Census division—supplemental tables 59 to 59.9
- Oil and natural gas production and wellhead prices by supply regions in the lower 48 states—supplemental tables 60 and 61
- Natural gas consumption and prices by end-use sector by Census division—supplemental tables 64 and 65
- Coal production and prices by producing region—supplemental tables 67 to 69
Last updated: May 18, 2016
Other FAQs about Prices
- Are prices published by EIA adjusted for inflation?
- Does EIA have energy consumption and price data for cities, counties, or by zip code?
- Does EIA have ethanol price data?
- Does EIA have gasoline prices by city, county, or zip code?
- Does EIA have historical gasoline prices for each state?
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- Does EIA publish coking coal prices?
- Does EIA publish electric utility rate, tariff, and demand charge data?
- Does EIA publish electricity consumption and price data by state?
- Does EIA publish inflation-adjusted gasoline prices?
- Does EIA publish off-road diesel fuel prices?
- How do I calculate diesel fuel surcharges?
- How do I compare the cost of heating fuels?
- How much does it cost to generate electricity with different types of power plants?
- Where can I get help paying my utility bills?
- Why am I being charged more for propane than the price on EIA's website?
- Why are diesel fuel prices higher than gasoline prices?
- How much tax do we pay on a gallon of gasoline and diesel fuel?
- What are the different coal prices published by EIA?
- What are the projections for U.S. gasoline and diesel fuel prices?
- What can I expect to pay for heating this winter?
- What do I pay for in a gallon of gasoline and diesel fuel?
- What is the outlook for home heating fuel prices this winter?