Does EIA publish off-road diesel fuel prices?
The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) does not publish prices specifically for off-road diesel fuel, also known as non-road or off-highway diesel fuel.
Off-road diesel fuel is sold for use in equipment and vehicles that are not usually operated on public roadways, such as equipment and vehicles used on farms and railways, in construction, and for electric power generation. Off-road diesel fuel is not subject to state and federal excise taxes that are applied to the retail sales of diesel fuel sold for use in vehicles generally operated on public roadways. Off-road diesel fuel is dyed red (as is heating oil) to distinguish it from on-highway diesel fuel.
On-highway diesel fuel prices including taxes
How much tax do we pay on a gallon of gasoline and diesel fuel?
Last updated: March 8, 2019
Other FAQs about Prices
- How do I calculate diesel fuel surcharges?
- Does EIA have ethanol price data?
- What is the outlook for home heating fuel prices this winter?
- Why are diesel fuel prices higher than gasoline prices?
- How much tax do we pay on a gallon of gasoline and on a gallon of diesel fuel?
- Does EIA publish inflation-adjusted gasoline prices?
- Are prices published by EIA adjusted for inflation?
- Does EIA publish off-road diesel fuel prices?
- Where can I get help paying my utility bills?
- What are the different coal prices published by EIA?
- How much does it cost to generate electricity with different types of power plants?
- Does EIA publish electric utility rate, tariff, and demand charge data?
- What do I pay for in a gallon of gasoline and diesel fuel?
- Does EIA have historical gasoline prices for each state?
- What are the projections for U.S. gasoline and diesel fuel prices?
- What are Ccf, Mcf, Btu, and therms? How do I convert natural gas prices in dollars per Ccf or Mcf to dollars per Btu or therm?
- What is the price or cost of natural gas for U.S. electric power producers?
- Why am I being charged more for heating oil or propane than the price on EIA's website?
- Does EIA publish coking coal prices?
- Does EIA publish energy consumption and price data for cities, counties, or by zip code?
- Does EIA publish electricity consumption and price data by state and by utility?
- Does EIA have gasoline prices by city, county, or zip code?
- What can I expect to pay for heating this winter?
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- How do I compare the cost of heating fuels?