Are prices published by EIA adjusted for inflation?
Unless otherwise indicated, the prices published on the website of the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) are nominal prices or prices that have not been adjusted to remove the effect of changes in the purchasing power of the U.S. dollar. Prices that are adjusted for changes in the purchasing power of the U.S. dollar are identified as real prices.
Last updated: August 21, 2018
Other FAQs about Prices
- Are prices published by EIA adjusted for inflation?
- Does EIA have ethanol price data?
- Does EIA have gasoline prices by city, county, or zip code?
- Does EIA have historical gasoline prices for each state?
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- Does EIA publish coking coal prices?
- Does EIA publish electric utility rate, tariff, and demand charge data?
- Does EIA publish electricity consumption and price data by state and by utility?
- Does EIA publish energy consumption and price data for cities, counties, or by zip code?
- Does EIA publish inflation-adjusted gasoline prices?
- Does EIA publish off-road diesel fuel prices?
- How do I calculate diesel fuel surcharges?
- How do I compare the cost of heating fuels?
- How much does it cost to generate electricity with different types of power plants?
- Where can I get help paying my utility bills?
- Why am I being charged more for propane than the price on EIA's website?
- Why are diesel fuel prices higher than gasoline prices?
- How much tax do we pay on a gallon of gasoline and on a gallon of diesel fuel?
- What are Ccf, Mcf, Btu, and therms? How do I convert natural gas prices in dollars per Ccf or Mcf to dollars per Btu or therm?
- What are the different coal prices published by EIA?
- What are the projections for U.S. gasoline and diesel fuel prices?
- What can I expect to pay for heating this winter?
- What do I pay for in a gallon of gasoline and diesel fuel?
- What is the outlook for home heating fuel prices this winter?
- What is the price or cost of natural gas for U.S. electric power producers?