What are the projections for U.S. gasoline and diesel fuel prices?
The U.S. Energy Information Administration publishes projections for the prices of U.S. gasoline and diesel fuel in the:
Short-Term Energy Outlook
Annual Energy Outlook
Gasoline prices and outlook
Diesel fuel prices and outlook
Last reviewed: December 9, 2021
Other FAQs about Prices
- Why are diesel fuel prices higher than gasoline prices?
- How much tax do we pay on a gallon of gasoline and on a gallon of diesel fuel?
- Does EIA publish inflation-adjusted gasoline and diesel fuel prices?
- Does EIA publish off-road diesel fuel prices?
- Are prices published by EIA adjusted for inflation?
- What do I pay for in a gallon of gasoline and diesel fuel?
- Where can I get help paying my utility bills?
- Does EIA have ethanol price data?
- How do I calculate diesel fuel surcharges?
- What is the outlook for home heating fuel prices this winter?
- How much does it cost to generate electricity with different types of power plants?
- Does EIA publish electric utility rate, tariff, and demand charge data?
- Does EIA have historical gasoline prices for each state?
- What are the projections for U.S. gasoline and diesel fuel prices?
- What can I expect to pay for heating this winter?
- Does EIA publish energy consumption and price data for cities, counties, or by zip code?
- What are Ccf, Mcf, Btu, and therms? How do I convert natural gas prices in dollars per Ccf or Mcf to dollars per Btu or therm?
- How do I compare the cost of heating fuels?
- Does EIA have forecasts or projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- Does EIA publish data on peak or hourly electricity generation, demand, and prices?
- Does EIA publish coking coal prices?
- Does EIA publish gasoline prices by city, county, or zip code?
- Why am I being charged more for heating oil or propane than the price on EIA's website?
- What is the price or cost of natural gas for U.S. electric power producers?
- Does EIA publish electricity sales and price data by state and by utility?
- What are the different coal prices published by EIA?