U.S. Energy Information Administration logo
Skip to sub-navigation

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

This page has no sub-navigation. Skip to page content.

Where can I get help paying my utility bills?

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides federally funded assistance in managing costs associated with home energy bills, energy crises, and weatherization and energy-related minor home repairs.

Some electric and gas utilities, churches, and social services organizations have emergency financial assistance programs.

Last reviewed: July 10, 2023.

Other FAQs about Prices