Where can I get help paying my utility bills?
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides federally funded assistance in managing costs associated with home energy bills, energy crises, and weatherization and energy-related minor home repairs.
Some electric and gas utilities, churches, and social services organizations have emergency financial assistance programs.
Last reviewed: July 13, 2022
Other FAQs about Prices
- How do I calculate diesel fuel surcharges?
- Does EIA have ethanol price data?
- What is the outlook for home heating fuel prices this winter?
- Why are diesel fuel prices higher than gasoline prices?
- How much tax do we pay on a gallon of gasoline and on a gallon of diesel fuel?
- Does EIA publish inflation-adjusted gasoline and diesel fuel prices?
- Are prices published by EIA adjusted for inflation?
- Does EIA publish off-road diesel fuel prices?
- Where can I get help paying my utility bills?
- What are the different coal prices published by EIA?
- How much does it cost to generate electricity with different types of power plants?
- Does EIA publish electric utility rate, tariff, and demand charge data?
- What do I pay for in a gallon of gasoline and diesel fuel?
- Does EIA have historical gasoline prices for each state?
- What are the projections for U.S. gasoline and diesel fuel prices?
- What are Ccf, Mcf, Btu, and therms? How do I convert natural gas prices in dollars per Ccf or Mcf to dollars per Btu or therm?
- What is the price or cost of natural gas for U.S. electric power producers?
- Does EIA publish data on peak or hourly electricity generation, demand, and prices?
- Why am I being charged more for heating oil or propane than the price on EIA's website?
- Does EIA publish energy consumption and price data for cities, counties, or by zip code?
- Does EIA publish electricity sales and price data by state and by utility?
- Does EIA publish gasoline prices by city, county, or zip code?
- What can I expect to pay for heating this winter?
- Does EIA have forecasts or projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- How do I compare the cost of heating fuels?
- Does EIA publish coking coal prices?