Does EIA publish energy consumption and price data for cities, counties, or by zip code?
The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) does not publish data according to zip code. EIA publishes gasoline price data for some cities, and it publishes data for electric and natural gas distribution utilities. EIA’s data includes
- Gasoline prices, including taxes, for 10 cities.
- Electricity retail sales (a proxy for end-use consumption) and retail prices of electricity distribution utilities. Most cities or municipal areas are served by a single distribution utility. However, many distribution utilities serve a larger area than the jurisdictional boundaries of individual cities. The names of the counties, by state, where each electric utility has distribution equipment, which can be used as an estimate of a utility's service territory, are in the Service Territory file of the EIA 861 survey database. In some cases, more than one utility may have distribution equipment in the same county. For more detailed information, EIA’s interactive U.S. Energy Mapping System has a layer for electric (utility) retail service territories, which shows the approximate boundaries of each distribution utility’s service territory.
- Natural gas delivery/sales volumes and prices for natural gas distribution utilities. EIA does not publish information on the service territory of natural gas utilities.
Does EIA have gasoline prices by city, county, or zip code?
Does EIA publish electric utility rate, tariff, and demand charge data?
Last updated: December 6, 2019
Other FAQs about Prices
- Are prices published by EIA adjusted for inflation?
- Does EIA have ethanol price data?
- Does EIA have historical gasoline prices for each state?
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- Does EIA publish coking coal prices?
- Does EIA publish electric utility rate, tariff, and demand charge data?
- Does EIA publish electricity consumption and price data by state and by utility?
- Does EIA publish energy consumption and price data for cities, counties, or by zip code?
- Does EIA publish gasoline prices by city, county, or zip code?
- Does EIA publish inflation-adjusted gasoline prices?
- Does EIA publish off-road diesel fuel prices?
- How do I calculate diesel fuel surcharges?
- How do I compare the cost of heating fuels?
- How much does it cost to generate electricity with different types of power plants?
- Where can I get help paying my utility bills?
- Why am I being charged more for heating oil or propane than the price on EIA's website?
- Why are diesel fuel prices higher than gasoline prices?
- How much tax do we pay on a gallon of gasoline and on a gallon of diesel fuel?
- What are Ccf, Mcf, Btu, and therms? How do I convert natural gas prices in dollars per Ccf or Mcf to dollars per Btu or therm?
- What are the different coal prices published by EIA?
- What are the projections for U.S. gasoline and diesel fuel prices?
- What can I expect to pay for heating this winter?
- What do I pay for in a gallon of gasoline and diesel fuel?
- What is the outlook for home heating fuel prices this winter?
- What is the price or cost of natural gas for U.S. electric power producers?