Does EIA have information on unplanned outages or shutdowns of U.S. energy infrastructure?
The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) offers the following resources and reports that include information related to unplanned outages or shutdowns of U.S. energy infrastructure.
EIA also publishes data on the reliability of electricity service in the United States in the Annual Electric Power Industry Report, Form EIA-861 data files. The Reliability file includes the System Average Interruption Frequency Index (SAIFI) and System Average Interruption Duration Index (SAIDI) of power outages experienced by U.S. electricity distribution utilities during a calendar year.
For near real-time information on the effects of major weather-related events on U.S. energy infrastructure, visit the U.S. Department of Energy’s Emergency Response website and its Storm Hub and Hurricane Hub pages.
Several EIA products show what’s happening in current energy markets
U.S. power customers experienced an average of nearly five hours of interruptions in 2019
Today in Energy articles on energy disruptions and outages.
Last updated: March 3, 2021
Other FAQs about Oil/Petroleum
- Does EIA have county-level energy production data?
- Does EIA have data on U.S. oil refineries and their locations?
- Does EIA have data on the movement (transport) of crude oil, petroleum products, fuel ethanol, and biodiesel by rail?
- Does EIA have data on the type or quality of crude oil?
- Does EIA have forecasts or projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- Does EIA have information on U.S. natural gas and oil pipelines?
- Does EIA have information on unplanned outages or shutdowns of U.S. energy infrastructure?
- Does the world have enough oil to meet our future needs?
- How many alternative fuel and hybrid vehicles are there in the United States?
- How many gallons of gasoline and diesel fuel are made from one barrel of oil?
- How much coal, natural gas, or petroleum is used to generate a kilowatthour of electricity?
- When was the last refinery built in the United States?
- How much of the crude oil produced in the United States is consumed in the United States?
- How much oil consumed by the United States comes from foreign countries?
- How much oil is consumed in the United States?
- How much oil is used to make plastic?
- How much petroleum does the United States import and export?
- How much shale (tight) oil is produced in the United States?
- What are petroleum products, and what is petroleum used for?
- What countries are the top producers and consumers of oil?
- What do I pay for in a gallon of gasoline and diesel fuel?
- What is U.S. electricity generation by energy source?
- What is the difference between crude oil, petroleum products, and petroleum?
- What is the outlook for home heating fuel prices this winter?
- What types and amounts of energy are produced in each state?