U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Products, Services, and Tools
What products and services does EIA have?
EIA has lots of energy information, just as our name says. The information is disseminated in different ways, including reports, web products, press releases, data browsers, API's, and maps. Our information is issued daily, weekly, monthly, annually, and periodically as needed or requested. Some of our products deal with specific energy industries or fuels. Some products contain mostly data; some also have analysis and forecasts. Other products present an integrated view over different fuels or energy uses.
The list below is a sample of EIA's varied products. For a more complete listing, see our Reports and Products page.
- Weekly Natural Gas Storage Report
(principal Federal economic indicator)
- This Week in Petroleum
- Natural Gas Weekly Update
- Weekly Coal Production Report
- Weekly Petroleum Status Report
- Gasoline and Diesel Fuel Update
- Short-Term Energy Outlook
- Natural Gas Monthly
- Drilling Productivity Report
- Electric Power Monthly
- Electricity Monthly Update
- Monthly Energy Review
- Petroleum Supply Monthly
- Petroleum Marketing Monthly
- Monthly Biodiesel Production
- U.S. Movements of Crude Oil by Rail
- Quarterly Coal Report
- Quarterly Coal Distribution Report
- Domestic Uranium Production Quarterly Report
- Annual Energy Outlook
- International Energy Outlook
- Natural Gas Annual
- Annual Coal Report
- U.S. Crude Oil and Natural Gas Proved Reserves
- Electric Power Annual
- U.S. Energy-Related Carbon Dioxide Emissions
- Petroleum Supply Annual
Other Products, Tools, and Services
- State Energy Portal
- Country Energy Portal
- U.S. Energy Mapping System
- Electricity Data Browser
- Petroleum Imports Browser
- Coal Data Browser
- API (Application Programming Interface)
- Excel Add-In
- Energy in Brief
- Energy Explained
- Energy Kids
Special Analyses (examples)
- Analysis of the Clean Energy Standard Act of 2012
- The Availability and Price of Petroleum and Petroleum Products Produced in Countries Other Than Iran
- Sales of Fossil Fuels Produced from Federal and Indian Lands, FY 2003 through FY 2013
- Potential Impacts of Reductions in Refinery Activity on Northeast Petroleum Product Markets
- Effect of Increased Natural Gas Exports on Domestic Energy Markets
EIA's Information Center also responds to customer inquiries by email at InfoCtr@eia.gov, with an average response time of three business days.
Who uses EIA's products?EIA's data and analyses are widely used by federal and state agencies, business & industry, media, researchers, consumers, financial, international, students, and educators. All of EIA’s products can be accessed through its website, www.eia.gov, which averages approximately 2 million visits per month. EIA also distributes information and data on specific topics through 41 email subscription lists, 11 RSS feeds, and through more than 1 million data series in our API.
- The nation’s leaders rely on EIA for timely and comprehensive information to formulate energy policy and programs.
- Business, industry, and academia look to EIA for official estimates on energy demand, supply, prices, markets, and financial indicators.
- Media and the general public rely on EIA for the most comprehensive source of current and historical data and information on all aspects of U.S. energy.
- The international community relies on EIA’s products for timely information on world energy supply and demand.
- Educators and students at all levels turn to the EIA Kid’s Page (www.eia.gov/kids/) for a wealth of energy-related information and activities.
- Our Work
- EIA News and Events
- Our Organization
- Budget, Plans & Performance
- Our History
- EIA Conference
- Policies & Procedures
- Information Quality Guidelines
- EIA Standards Manual
- Statement of Commitment to Scientific Integrity by Principal Statistical Agencies
- EIA Writing Style Guide
- Copyrights & Reuse
- Freedom of Information Act
- Privacy Statement & Security Policy
- Publishing Priorities & Schedule
- CIPSEA Reporting
- About Our Website