How much ethanol is produced, imported, exported, and consumed in the United States?
Most recent data on U.S. fuel ethanol production, imports, exports, and consumption are available as follows:
Table 10.3: Fuel ethanol overview
Supply and Disposition: Fuel ethanol
Fuel ethanol imports by source country
Fuel ethanol exports by destination country
Weekly supply estimates
The United States exported a record volume of ethanol in 2018 for second consecutive year
Articles on ethanol
Energy Explained: Use of Ethanol
Last reviewed: June 4, 2019
Other FAQs about Renewables
- Does EIA have data on the movement (transport) of crude oil, petroleum products, fuel ethanol, and biodiesel by rail?
- Does EIA have ethanol price data?
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- How many alternative fuel and hybrid vehicles are there in the United States?
- How much biodiesel is produced, imported, exported, and consumed in the United States?
- How much does it cost to generate electricity with different types of power plants?
- How much ethanol is in gasoline, and how does it affect fuel economy?
- How much ethanol is produced, imported, exported, and consumed in the United States?
- How much of U.S. carbon dioxide emissions are associated with electricity generation?
- How much of U.S. energy consumption and electricity generation comes from renewable energy sources?
- How much of world energy consumption and production is from renewable energy?
- What is U.S. electricity generation by energy source?