How much ethanol is produced, imported, exported, and consumed in the United States?
Most recent data on U.S. fuel ethanol production, imports, exports, and consumption are available as follows:
Table 10.3: Fuel ethanol overview
Supply and Disposition: Fuel ethanol
Fuel ethanol imports by source country
Fuel ethanol exports by destination country
Weekly supply estimates
U.S. ethanol exports fell for the first time in four years in 2019
Articles on ethanol
Energy Explained: Ethanol
Last reviewed: May 27, 2020
Other FAQs about Renewables
- Does EIA have data on the movement (transport) of crude oil, petroleum products, fuel ethanol, and biodiesel by rail?
- Does EIA have ethanol price data?
- Does EIA have forecasts or projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- Does EIA have information on unplanned outages or shutdowns of U.S. energy infrastructure?
- How many alternative fuel and hybrid vehicles are there in the United States?
- How much biodiesel is produced, imported, exported, and consumed in the United States?
- How much does it cost to generate electricity with different types of power plants?
- How much ethanol is in gasoline, and how does it affect fuel economy?
- How much ethanol is produced, imported, exported, and consumed in the United States?
- How much of U.S. carbon dioxide emissions are associated with electricity generation?
- How much of U.S. energy consumption and electricity generation comes from renewable energy sources?
- How much of world energy consumption and production is from renewable energy?
- What is U.S. electricity generation by energy source?
- What types and amounts of energy are produced in each state?