Does EIA have forecasts or projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
No, the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) does not make forecasts or projections for individual states (with the exception of California). However, EIA does have forecasts and projections for different regions of the country.
In the monthly Short-Term Energy Outlook, there are forecasts
by census regions or divisions for
by electricity market regions and California for
by Petroleum Administration for Defense Districts for
In the Annual Energy Outlook 2021, there are supplemental tables with regional projections for
- Energy consumption by sector and source by census division—supplemental Tables 2 to 2.9
- Energy prices by sector and source by census division—supplemental Tables 3 to 3.9
- Electricity generation by sector and source, and sales and prices by sector by electricity market regions—supplemental Tables 54 to 56
- Renewable energy capacity, generation, and consumption by fuel and the electric power and end-use sectors by electricity market regions—supplemental Tables 57 to 57.25
- Diesel fuel, motor gasoline, jet fuel, and residential heating oil prices and price components by census division—supplemental Tables 58 to 58.9
- Crude oil and natural gas production and wellhead prices by supply regions in the Lower 48 states—supplemental Tables 59 and 60
- Natural gas consumption and prices by end-use sector by census division—supplemental Tables 62 and 63
- Coal production and prices by producing region—supplemental Tables 65, 66, and 70
Last updated: October 8, 2021
Other FAQs about Renewables
- Does EIA have data on the movement (transport) of crude oil, petroleum products, fuel ethanol, and biodiesel by rail?
- How much ethanol is in gasoline, and how does it affect fuel economy?
- Does EIA have ethanol price data?
- How much does it cost to generate electricity with different types of power plants?
- How much of U.S. energy consumption and electricity generation comes from renewable energy sources?
- What types and amounts of energy are produced in each state?
- How much of U.S. carbon dioxide emissions are associated with electricity generation?
- How much fuel ethanol is produced, imported, exported, and consumed in the United States?
- Does EIA have forecasts or projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- How many alternative fuel and hybrid vehicles are there in the United States?
- What is U.S. electricity generation by energy source?
- How much of world energy consumption and production is from renewable energy?
- How much biomass-based diesel fuel is produced, imported, exported, and consumed in the United States?
- Does EIA have information on unplanned outages or shutdowns of U.S. energy infrastructure?