How much energy does the world consume by each energy end-use sector?
The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) publishes projections for energy consumption for major energy end-use sectors (residential, commercial, industrial, and transportation) and the electric power sector by major type of fuel/energy source in the International Energy Outlook 2019 (IEO2019). The IEO2019 includes tables for the world, for country groups, for geographic regions, and for selected countries.
International Energy Outlook 2019
Reference case tables of the International Energy Outlook 2019 (see Tables F1 to F19)
Last updated: September 24, 2019
Other FAQs about Electricity
- What is the outlook for home heating fuel prices this winter?
- How much does it cost to generate electricity with different types of power plants?
- Does EIA publish electric utility rate, tariff, and demand charge data?
- How many power plants are there in the United States?
- How much of U.S. carbon dioxide emissions are associated with electricity generation?
- How much of U.S. energy consumption and electricity generation comes from renewable energy sources?
- How is electricity used in U.S. homes?
- How much electricity does an American home use?
- How much electricity is used for lighting in the United States?
- Does EIA publish data on peak or hourly electricity generation, demand, and prices?
- What is the difference between electricity generation capacity and electricity generation?
- How much electricity does a nuclear power plant generate?
- How much electricity is lost in electricity transmission and distribution in the United States?
- What is the efficiency of different types of power plants?
- How many smart meters are installed in the United States, and who has them?
- How many nuclear power plants are in the United States, and where are they located?
- How old are U.S. nuclear power plants, and when was the newest one built?
- What is U.S. electricity generation by energy source?
- How much energy does the world consume by each energy end-use sector?
- Does EIA publish energy consumption and price data for cities, counties, or by zip code?
- How much does it cost to build different types of power plants in the United States?
- Does EIA publish electricity consumption and price data by state and by utility?
- How much of world energy consumption and production is from renewable energy?
- Does EIA publish the location of electric power plants and transmission lines?
- Can electric utility customers choose their electricity supplier?
- How much coal, natural gas, or petroleum is used to generate a kilowatthour of electricity?
- Does EIA have data on each power plant in the United States?
- What types and amounts of energy are produced in each state?
- Does EIA have county-level energy production data?
- Does EIA have data on costs for electricity transmission and distribution?
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- How much electricity is used for cooling in the United States?