Does EIA have information on U.S. natural gas and oil pipelines?
Yes, the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) publishes the U.S. Energy Atlas, which has map applications and data catalogs with the locations of natural gas, crude oil, hydrocarbon gas liquids (HGL), and petroleum product pipelines in the United States.
EIA also provides detailed information on U.S. natural gas pipelines and on U.S. liquids (crude oil, HGL, and petroleum products) pipeline projects (xls).
EIA does not publish a similar map or detailed data for pipelines in other countries.
Articles on pipelines
Last reviewed: May 12, 2022
Other FAQs about Natural Gas
- How much coal, natural gas, or petroleum is used to generate a kilowatthour of electricity?
- How much shale gas is produced in the United States?
- What is the outlook for home heating fuel prices this winter?
- How much does it cost to generate electricity with different types of power plants?
- Does EIA have information on U.S. natural gas and oil pipelines?
- What types and amounts of energy are produced in each state?
- What can I expect to pay for heating this winter?
- How much of U.S. carbon dioxide emissions are associated with electricity generation?
- Does EIA publish energy consumption and price data for cities, counties, or by zip code?
- What are the major factors affecting natural gas prices?
- What are Ccf, Mcf, Btu, and therms? How do I convert natural gas prices in dollars per Ccf or Mcf to dollars per Btu or therm?
- Which states consume and produce the most natural gas?
- What is the volume of world natural gas reserves?
- How does EIA calculate the year-ago and five-year averages in the Weekly Natural Gas Storage Report?
- How much natural gas does the United States have, and how long will it last?
- Does EIA publish shale gas and coalbed methane production and reserves data?
- Does EIA have forecasts or projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- How many alternative fuel and hybrid vehicles are there in the United States?
- What is U.S. electricity generation by energy source?
- Why am I being charged more for heating oil or propane than the price on EIA's website?
- What is the price or cost of natural gas for U.S. electric power producers?
- Does EIA have county-level energy production data?
- How much natural gas is consumed in the United States?
- Does EIA have information on unplanned outages or shutdowns of U.S. energy infrastructure?