U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Electric Power Annual
Questions/comments: Electricity data experts
Changes in Electric Power Annual (EPA) 2011
This year's EPA has expanded to incorporate final values of many of the preliminary tables traditionally published in the Electric Power Monthly (EPM). Because of this , the order of tables has changed significantly from prior editions of the EPA.See a cross-reference table to locate equivalent tables from prior editions of the EPA.
The EPA now includes new tables and improvements to existing tables based on data collected -
On the Form EIA-860:
- Table 4.5. "Planned Generating Capacity Changes, by Energy Source" (formerly Table 1.4.) now supplements planned unit additions with planned unit retirements.
- Table 9.2. "Quantity and Net Summer Capacity of Operable Environmental Equipment" is a new table that displays quantity and associated capacity of key environmental equipment installed over time.
- Table 9.3. "Quantity and Net Summer Capacity of Operable Cooling Systems, by Energy Source and Cooling System Type" is a new table that displays the quantity and associated capacity of cooling systems by energy source and system type installed over time.
On the Form EIA-861:
- Former Table 7.5. has been split into two new tables: Table 2.14. "Green Pricing Customers by End Use Sector" and Table 4.10. "Net Metering Customers and Capacity by Technology Type, by End Use Sector". While the original table 7.5 listed only customer counts, the new Table 4.10. now includes capacity data (MW) by sector and technology type (photovoltaic, wind, and other).
- Table 10.6. "Advanced Metering Count by Technology Type" is also new this year. It contains Automated Meter Reading (AMR) and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) data from 2007 to 2011.
Table 8.5 "Revenue and Expense Statistics for U.S. Cooperative Borrower-Owned Electric Utilities" contains data published by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). The USDA is scheduled to publish 2011 data at the end of January 2013. Once this data is published, Table 8.5 will also be updated.