U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Nuclear & Uranium
Domestic Uranium Production Report - Quarterly
Data for 3rd Quarter 2014 | Release Date: October 24, 2014 | Next Release Date: February 2015 |
3rd Quarter 2014
U.S. production of uranium concentrate in the third quarter 2014 was 1,468,608 pounds U3O8, up 34% from the previous quarter and up 25% from the third quarter 2013. During the third quarter 2014, U.S. uranium was produced at eight U.S. uranium facilities.U.S. uranium mill in production (state)
- White Mesa Mill (Utah)
- Alta Mesa Project (Texas)
- Crow Butte Operation (Nebraska)
- Hobson ISR Plant/La Palangana (Texas)
- Lost Creek Project (Wyoming)
- Nichols Ranch ISR Project (Wyoming)
- Smith Ranch-Highland Operation (Wyoming)
- Willow Creek Project (Wyoming)
New during this quarter, Strata Energy's Ross CPP (central processing plant) is under construction in Wyoming.
At the end of September 2014, U.S. uranium concentrate production totaled 3,805,798 pounds U3O8. This amount is 3% higher than the 3,712,541 pounds produced during the first nine months of 2013.