U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Annual Energy Review
Coal Flow, (Million Short Tons)
• Production categories are estimated; all data are preliminary.
• Values are derived from source data prior to rounding for publication.
• Totals may not equal sum of components due to independent rounding.
U.S. Energy Information Administration, Annual Energy Review 2011 Tables 7.1, 7.2, and 7.3.
Forty-two interactive graphs showing trends in U.S. energy production, consumption, and trade from 1949-2011
Changes in AER 2011:
- Sales of Fossil Fuels Produced on Federal and American Indian Lands (Table 1.14), previously titled "Fossil Fuel Production on Federally Administered Lands," now provides data on sales of fossil fuels from Federal and American Indian lands for fiscal years 2003 through 2011.
- Industrial Sector Energy Consumption Estimates (Table 2.1d), Renewable Energy Consumption: Industrial and Transportation Sectors (Table 10.2b), Electricity Net Generation: Commercial and Industrial Sectors, (Table 8.2d), and Consumption for Electricity Generation by Energy Source: Commercial and Industrial Sectors (Table 8.4c) have been modified to include industrial wind consumption.
- Petroleum and Other Liquids Overview (Table 5.1a), Petroleum Overview (Table 5.1b), and Crude Oil Production and Crude Oil Well Productivity (Table 5.2) now incorporate revisions to crude oil production, total field production, and adjustments in coordination with the Petroleum Supply Monthly.
- See full list for changes >