U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
‹ SEE CURRENT NATURAL GAS MONTHLY UPDATE
Natural Gas Monthly
Data for April 2016 | Release Date: June 30, 2016 | Next Release: July 29, 2016 | full report
Table of Contentsall tables
Natural Gas Monthly Contacts
- Dry natural gas production in April was lower than production in April 2015, the first year-to-year decrease for the month of April since 2006. Preliminary dry natural gas production for April 2016 was 2,212 billion cubic feet (Bcf), or 73.7 Bcf/day. This level was a 0.6 Bcf/day (0.8%) decrease from the April 2015 level of 74.3 Bcf/day.
- Preliminary dry natural gas consumption for April 2016 was 2,111 Bcf, or 70.4 Bcf/day. This level was an increase of 3.9%, or 2.6 Bcf/day, from the 2,032 Bcf consumed in April 2015.
- Year-over-year total consumption of dry natural gas in April increased in three of the four consuming sectors, with the exception being commercial deliveries, which decreased year-to-year. Deliveries of natural gas by consuming sector in April 2016 were as follows:
- Residential deliveries were 330 Bcf, or 11.0 Bcf/day, up 1.9% from 10.8 Bcf/day in April 2015.
- Commercial deliveries were 234 Bcf, or 7.80 Bcf/day, down 0.4% from 7.83 Bcf/day in April 2015.
- Industrial deliveries were 622 Bcf, or 20.7 Bcf/day, up 2.3% from 20.3 Bcf/day in April 2015.
- Electric power deliveries were 726 Bcf, or 24.2 Bcf/day, up 8.7% from 22.3 Bcf/day in April 2015.