U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
‹ SEE CURRENT NATURAL GAS MONTHLY UPDATE
Natural Gas Monthly
Data for July 2016 | Release Date: September 30, 2016 | Next Release: October 31, 2016 | full report
Table of Contentsall tables
Natural Gas Monthly Contacts
- This issue contains extensive revisions to data for 2014, 2015, and year-to-date 2016 as a result of benchmarking to annual data published in the Natural Gas Annual 2015. These revisions primarily apply to statistics on production, underground storage, consumption, and prices by sector. A detailed description of the revisions and benchmarking process is provided in Appendix C of the Natural Gas Monthly.
- In July 2016, for the fourth consecutive month, dry natural gas production decreased year-to-year from the same month in 2015. Preliminary dry natural gas production for July 2016 was 2,213 billion cubic feet (Bcf), or 71.4 Bcf/day. This level was a 2.9 Bcf/day (3.9%) decrease from the revised July 2015 level of 74.3 Bcf/day.
- Preliminary dry natural gas consumption for July 2016 was 2,204 Bcf, or 71.1 Bcf/day. This level was an increase of 6.1%, or 4.1 Bcf/day, from the 2,077 Bcf consumed in July 2015.
- Year-over-year total consumption of dry natural gas in July increased in all four consuming sectors. Deliveries of natural gas by consuming sector in July 2016 were as follows:
- Residential deliveries in July 2016 were 108.3 Bcf, or 3.493 Bcf/day, up 0.2% from 3.486 Bcf/day in July 2015.
- Commercial deliveries were 136 Bcf, or 4.4 Bcf/day, up 1.5% from 4.3 Bcf/day in July 2015.
- Industrial deliveries were 624 Bcf, or 20.1 Bcf/day, up 5.2% from 19.1 Bcf/day in July 2015. Industrial deliveries were the highest for the month since EIA began tracking them in 2001.
- Electric power deliveries were 1,148 Bcf, or 37.0 Bcf/day, up 8.9% from 34.0 Bcf/day in July 2015. Electric power deliveries were the highest for any month since EIA began tracking them in 2001.