U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
‹ SEE CURRENT NATURAL GAS MONTHLY UPDATE
Natural Gas Monthly
Data for April 2015 | Release Date: June 30, 2015 | full report
Table of Contentsall tables
Natural Gas Monthly Contacts
- Preliminary dry natural gas production for April 2015 was 2,239 billion cubic feet (Bcf), or 74.6 Bcf/day, up from last month's 74.2 Bcf/day. April's production was a 6.0 Bcf/day increase from 68.6 Bcf/day in April 2014, an 8.8% rise from year to year.
- Preliminary total natural gas consumption for April 2015 was 2,044 Bcf, or 68.1 Bcf/day, an increase of 3.5% from 1,975 Bcf in April 2014, or 65.8 Bcf/day.
- For the second consecutive month, total consumption of dry natural gas for April 2015 decreased in three of four sectors year to year, with the exception being electric power deliveries, which increased significantly from last April:
- Deliveries to residential consumers for April 2015 were 322 Bcf, or 10.7 Bcf/day, down 3.5% from 11.8 Bcf/day in April 2014
- Commercial deliveries were 236 Bcf, or 7.9 Bcf/day, a 5.6% decrease from 8.3 Bcf/day in April 2014
- Industrial deliveries were 610 Bcf, or 20.3 Bcf/day, down 2.9% from 20.9 Bcf/day in April 2014.
- Electric power deliveries were 669 Bcf, or 22.3 Bcf/day, a 21.6% rise from 18.3 Bcf/day in April 2014.
- Beginning this month, EIA is expanding its reporting of monthly natural gas production by 10 additional states on Form EIA-914. Arkansas, California, Colorado, Kansas, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Utah, and West Virginia were added to Form EIA-914. The 18 remaining states (including the federal Pacific region) with natural gas production are collectively surveyed, from which natural gas production for the Other States category is estimated. All production-related Other States data have been revised back to January 2006 to include only these 18 remaining states/regions.
- Beginning this month, base natural gas reported on Form EIA-191 will be made publically available at the field level in the Natural Gas Annual Respondent Query System for January 2015 forward.