U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
No, the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) does not make projections for individual states. However, EIA does have projections for different regions of the country.
- Natural gas prices (by sector)
- Electricity retail sales (by sector)
- Electricity prices (by sector)
- Electricity generation (by energy source)
- Fuel consumption for electricity generation (by fuel type)
- Energy consumption by sector and source by Census division (supplemental tables 1 to 10)
- Energy prices by sector and source by Census division (supplemental tables 11 to 20)
- Electricity generation by sector and source, and sales and prices by sector by electricity market regions (supplemental tables 73 to 97)
- Renewable energy capacity, generation, and consumption by fuel and the electric power and end-use sectors byelectricity market regions (supplemental tables 98 to 119)
- Diesel fuel, motor gasoline, jet fuel, and residential heating oil prices and price components by Census division (supplemental tables 121 to 129)
- Oil and natural gas production and wellhead prices by supply regions in the lower 48 states (supplemental tables 98 to 120)
- Natural gas consumption and prices by end-use sector by Census division (supplemental tables 135 and 136)
- Coal production and prices by producing region (supplemental tables 138 to 140)
Last updated: January 7, 2015
Other FAQs about Diesel
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- Does EIA publish off-road diesel fuel prices?
- How do I calculate diesel fuel surcharges?
- How many gallons of diesel fuel and gasoline are made from one barrel of oil?
- How much biodiesel is produced, imported, exported, and consumed in the United States?
- How much carbon dioxide is produced by burning gasoline and diesel fuel?
- When was the last refinery built in the United States?
- Why are diesel fuel prices higher than gasoline prices?
- Why are the retail pump prices for gasoline and diesel fuel in increments of 0.9 cents?
- Why don't fuel prices change as quickly as crude oil prices?
- How much tax do we pay on a gallon of gasoline and diesel fuel?
- What do I pay for in a gallon of gasoline and diesel fuel?