U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
Other FAQs about Environment
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- How do I convert between short tons and metric tons?
- How does the hole in the ozone layer affect global warming?
- How much carbon dioxide is produced by burning gasoline and diesel fuel?
- How much carbon dioxide is produced per kilowatthour when generating electricity with fossil fuels?
- How much carbon dioxide is produced when different fuels are burned?
- Why do carbon dioxide emissions weigh more than the original fuel?
- How much of U.S. carbon dioxide emissions are associated with electricity generation?
- What are U.S. energy-related carbon dioxide emissions by source and sector?
- What are greenhouse gases and how do they affect the climate?
- What are the energy-related carbon dioxide emissions from fossil fuels for the United States and the world?
- What are the greenhouse gas and air pollutant emissions factors for fuels and electricity?