U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
Does EIA publish shale gas and coalbed methane production and reserves data?
Yes. The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) publishes historical state-level production data and estimates of proved reserves for shale gas and coalbed methane in the U.S. Crude Oil and Natural Gas Proved Reserves report.
Other EIA publications:
Review of Emerging Resources: U.S. Shale Gas and Shale Oil Plays
World Shale Resource Assessments
Last updated: June 28, 2016
Other FAQs about Natural Gas
- Does EIA have county-level energy production data?
- Does EIA have energy consumption and price data for cities, counties, or by zip code?
- Does EIA have maps or information on the location of U.S. natural gas and oil pipelines?
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- Does EIA publish shale gas and coalbed methane production and reserves data?
- How does EIA calculate the year-ago and five-year averages in the Weekly Natural Gas Storage Report?
- How many gallons of diesel fuel and gasoline are made from one barrel of oil?
- How much coal, natural gas, or petroleum is used to generate a kilowatthour of electricity?
- Which states consume and produce the most natural gas?
- Why am I being charged more for propane than the price on EIA's website?
- How much natural gas does the United States have, and how long will it last?
- How much natural gas is consumed in the United States?
- How much shale gas is produced in the United States?
- What are Ccf, Mcf, Btu, and therms? How do I convert natural gas prices in dollars per Ccf or Mcf to dollars per Btu or therm?
- What are the major factors affecting natural gas prices?
- What can I expect to pay for heating this winter?
- What is the average price of natural gas for U.S. electric power producers?
- What is the outlook for home heating fuel prices this winter?
- What is the volume of world natural gas reserves?
- What types and amounts of energy are produced in each state?