U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
How much biodiesel is produced, imported, exported, and consumed in the United States?
U.S. Biodiesel Data Summary (millions of gallons)
Notes: Data for 2013 are preliminary. Data for year 2001 is the earliest that are available.
Last updated: April 29, 2014
Other FAQs about Diesel
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- Does EIA publish off-road diesel fuel prices?
- How do I calculate diesel fuel surcharges?
- How many gallons of diesel fuel and gasoline are made from one barrel of oil?
- How much biodiesel is produced, imported, exported, and consumed in the United States?
- How much carbon dioxide is produced by burning gasoline and diesel fuel?
- When was the last refinery built in the United States?
- Why are the retail pump prices for gasoline and diesel fuel in increments of 0.9 cents?
- Why don't fuel prices change as quickly as crude oil prices?
- Why has diesel fuel been more expensive than gasoline?
- What are the projected diesel fuel prices for 2014 and for 2015?
- What do I pay for in a gallon of gasoline and diesel fuel?