U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
How much ethanol is produced, imported, and consumed in the United States?
|U.S. fuel ethanol1 data summary (billion gallons)|
|Year||Production||Net imports||Inventory change||Consumption|
|1990||0.75||Not available||Not available||0.75|
|1 Includes denaturant added to ethanol to make it undrinkable.|
Table 10.3 Fuel ethanol overview (with historical annual and monthly data)
Fuel ethanol imports by source country
Fuel ethanol exports by destination country
Weekly supply estimates
State-level consumption (most recent annual data available)
Last updated: April 7, 2015
Other FAQs about Renewables
- Does EIA have ethanol price data?
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- Does the EIA have data on the movement of crude oil and petroleum products by rail and truck?
- How many alternative fuel and hybrid vehicles are there in the United States?
- How much U.S. energy consumption and electricity generation comes from renewable sources?
- How much biodiesel is produced, imported, exported, and consumed in the United States?
- How much ethanol is in gasoline, and how does it affect fuel economy?
- How much ethanol is produced, imported, and consumed in the United States?
- How much of world energy consumption and electricity generation is from renewable energy?