U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
How much ethanol is produced, imported, and consumed the United States?
U.S. Fuel Ethanol1 Data Summary (billions of gallons)
|Year||Production||Net Imports||Stock Change||Consumption|
|1990||0.75||Not available||Not available||0.75|
1 Includes denaturant added to ethanol to make it undrinkable.
Fuel Ethanol Overview with historical annual and monthly data (Table 10.3)
Ethanol imports by source country
Ethanol exports by destination country
Most recent weekly ethanol supply data
State-level production, annual, most recent available
State-level consumption, annual, most recent available
Last updated: May 16, 2014
Other FAQs about Renewables
- Can I generate and sell electricity to an electric utility?
- Does EIA have ethanol price data?
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- Does the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) have data on the movement of crude oil and ethanol by rail and truck?
- How many alternative fuel and hybrid vehicles are there in the U.S.?
- How much U.S. energy consumption and electricity generation comes from renewable sources?
- How much biodiesel is produced, imported, exported, and consumed in the United States?
- How much ethanol is in gasoline and how does it affect fuel economy?
- How much ethanol is produced, imported, and consumed the United States?
- How much of world energy consumption and electricity generation is from renewable energy?