U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
How much ethanol is produced, imported, and consumed in the U.S.?
U.S. ethanol production, imports and consumption
U.S. fuel ethanol1 data summary (billions of gallons)
|Year||Production||Net Imports||Stock Change||Consumption|
|1990||0.75||Not available||Not available||0.75|
1 Includes denaturant added to ethanol to make it undrinkable.
Fuel Ethanol Overview with historical annual and monthly data
Ethanol imports by source country
Ethanol exports by destination country
Most recent weekly ethanol data
State-level production, annual, most recent available
State-level consumption, annual, most recent available
Last updated: October 2, 2013
Other FAQs about Renewables
- Can I generate and sell electricity to an electric utility?
- Does EIA have data on the movement of crude oil and ethanol by rail and truck?
- Does EIA have ethanol price data?
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- How many alternative fuel and hybrid vehicles are there in the U.S.?
- How much U.S. energy consumption and electricity generation comes from renewable sources?
- How much biodiesel is produced, imported, exported, and consumed in the United States?
- How much ethanol is in gasoline and how does it affect fuel economy?
- How much ethanol is produced, imported, and consumed in the U.S.?
- How much of world energy consumption and electricity generation is from renewable energy?