U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the projected diesel fuel prices for 2014 and for 2015?
EIA's projection, as of June 10, 2014, for the average retail price of on-highway diesel fuel for June 2014 to December 2014 is $3.86 per gallon. The average retail price projected for 2015 is $3.78 per gallon.
Last updated: July 2, 2014
Other FAQs about Diesel
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- Does EIA publish off-road diesel fuel prices?
- How do I calculate diesel fuel surcharges?
- How many gallons of diesel fuel and gasoline are made from one barrel of oil?
- How much biodiesel is produced, imported, exported, and consumed in the United States?
- How much carbon dioxide is produced by burning gasoline and diesel fuel?
- When was the last refinery built in the United States?
- Why are the retail pump prices for gasoline and diesel fuel in increments of 0.9 cents?
- Why don't fuel prices change as quickly as crude oil prices?
- Why has diesel fuel been more expensive than gasoline?
- What are the projected diesel fuel prices for 2014 and for 2015?
- What do I pay for in a gallon of gasoline and diesel fuel?