U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the projected diesel fuel prices for 2014 and for 2015?
EIA's projection, as of February 11, 2014, for the average retail price of on-highway diesel fuel for February 2014 is $3.82 per gallon. The projection for the average retail price in 2015 is $3.73 per gallon.
Last updated: February 27, 2014
Other FAQs about Diesel
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- Does EIA publish off-road diesel fuel prices?
- How do I calculate diesel fuel surcharges?
- How many gallons of diesel fuel does one barrel of oil make?
- How much biodiesel is produced, imported, exported, and consumed in the United States?
- How much carbon dioxide is produced by burning gasoline and diesel fuel?
- When was the last refinery built in the United States?
- Why are the retail pump prices for gasoline and diesel fuel in increments of 0.9 cents?
- Why don't fuel prices change as quickly as crude oil prices?
- Why has diesel fuel been more expensive than gasoline?
- What are the projected diesel fuel prices for 2014 and for 2015?