U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
What are projected diesel fuel prices for 2013 and for 2014?
EIA's projection, as of August 6, 2013, for the average retail price of on-highway diesel fuel for August through December 2013 is $3.89 per gallon. The projection for the average retail price in 2014 is $3.76 per gallon.
Last updated: August 22, 2013
Other FAQs about Diesel
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- Does EIA publish off-road diesel fuel prices?
- How do I calculate diesel fuel surcharges?
- How many gallons of diesel fuel does one barrel of oil make?
- How much biodiesel is produced, imported, exported, and consumed in the United States?
- How much carbon dioxide is produced by burning gasoline and diesel fuel?
- When was the last refinery built in the United States?
- Why are the retail pump prices for gasoline and diesel fuel in increments of 0.9 cents?
- Why don't fuel prices change as quickly as crude oil prices?
- Why has diesel fuel been more expensive than gasoline?
- What are projected diesel fuel prices for 2013 and for 2014?