U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Country Analysis Brief Overview
- Russia holds the world's largest natural gas reserves, the second-largest coal reserves, and the ninth-largest crude oil reserves.
- Russia was the largest producer of crude oil in 2011. During the year, crude oil production averaged about 9.8 million bbl/d.
- Russia's Transneft holds a monopoly over Russia's pipeline network, however pipeline exports have been displaced somewhat by seaborne exports over the last year.
- Russia holds the largest natural gas reserves in the world, and is the largest producer and exporter of dry natural gas.
- Russia is one of the top producers and consumers of electric power in the world, with more than 220 million kilowatts of installed generation capacity.
- Despite its sizeable reserves, production of coal in Russia is relatively low.
Analysis Last Updated: September 18, 2012
Overview data for Russia+ EXPAND ALL
-- = Not applicable; NA = Not available; F = Forecast value
Sources: EIA. For more detailed data, see International Energy Statistics.
Data last updated: February 12, 2013
Related International Information
International Energy Outlook yearly energy projections through 2035
Short Term Energy Outlook monthly energy projections through 2014
Annual Energy Outlook yearly US energy projections through 2040Sign Up for Email Updates