U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
No, the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) does not make projections for individual states. However, EIA does have projections for different regions of the country.
- Natural gas prices (by sector)
- Electricity retail sales (by sector)
- Electricity prices (by sector)
- Electricity generation (by energy source)
- Fuel consumption for electricity generation (by fuel type)
- Energy consumption by sector and source by Census division—supplemental tables 2 to 2.9
- Energy prices by sector and source by Census division—supplemental tables 3 to 3.9
- Electricity generation by sector and source, and sales and prices by sector by electricity market regions—supplemental tables 55 to 57
- Renewable energy capacity, generation, and consumption by fuel and the electric power and end-use sectors byelectricity market regions—supplemental tables 58 to 58.22
- Diesel fuel, motor gasoline, jet fuel, and residential heating oil prices and price components by Census division—supplemental tables 59 to 59.9
- Oil and natural gas production and wellhead prices by supply regions in the lower 48 states—supplemental tables 60 and 61
- Natural gas consumption and prices by end-use sector by Census division—supplemental tables 64 and 65
- Coal production and prices by producing region—supplemental tables 67 to 69
Last updated: May 18, 2016
Other FAQs about Natural Gas
- Does EIA have county-level energy production data?
- Does EIA have energy consumption and price data for cities, counties, or by zip code?
- Does EIA have maps or information on the location of U.S. natural gas and oil pipelines?
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- Does EIA publish shale gas and coal bed methane production and reserves data?
- How does EIA calculate the year-ago and five-year averages in the Weekly Natural Gas Storage Report?
- How many gallons of diesel fuel and gasoline are made from one barrel of oil?
- How much coal, natural gas, or petroleum is used to generate a kilowatthour of electricity?
- Which states consume and produce the most natural gas?
- Why am I being charged more for propane than the price on EIA's website?
- How much natural gas does the United States have, and how long will it last?
- How much natural gas is consumed in the United States?
- How much shale gas is produced in the United States?
- What are Ccf, Mcf, Btu, and therms? How do I convert natural gas prices in dollars per Ccf or Mcf to dollars per Btu or therm?
- What are the major factors affecting natural gas prices?
- What can I expect to pay for heating this winter?
- What is the average price of natural gas for U.S. electric power producers?
- What is the outlook for home heating fuel prices this winter?
- What is the volume of world natural gas reserves?
- What types and amounts of energy are produced in each state?