U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I convert between short tons and metric tons?
Convert short tons to metric tons by multiplying the number of short tons by 0.907184
For example: 12,300 short tons X 0.907184 = 11,158 metric tons.
Convert metric tons to short tons by multiplying the number of metric tons by 1.10231
For example: 11,158 metric tons X 1.10231= 12,300 short tons.
Last reviewed: September 13, 2013
Other FAQs about Conversion & Equivalents
- How do I convert between short tons and metric tons?
- How do I compare heating fuels?
- How many gallons of gasoline does one barrel of oil make?
- What are Ccf, Mcf, Btu, and therms? How do I convert natural gas prices in dollars per Ccf, or Mcf to dollars per Btu or therm?
- How do I convert fuels from one unit of measure to another — from gallons to barrels, for example?