U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
Does EIA publish off-road diesel fuel prices?
The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) does not publish prices specifically for off-road diesel fuel, also known as non-road or off-highway diesel fuel.
Off-road diesel fuel is sold for use in equipment and vehicles that are not usually operated on public roadways, such as equipment and vehicles used on farms and railways, in construction, and for electric power generation. Off-road diesel fuel is not subject to state and federal excise taxes that are applied to the retail sales of diesel fuel sold for use in vehicles generally operated on public roadways. Off-road diesel fuel is dyed red (as is heating oil) to distinguish it from on-highway diesel fuel.
Last updated: March 17, 2016
Other FAQs about Prices
- Are the prices that EIA publishes adjusted for inflation?
- Does EIA have energy consumption and price data for cities, counties, or by zip code?
- Does EIA have ethanol price data?
- Does EIA have gasoline prices by city, county, or zip code?
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- Does EIA publish coking coal prices?
- Does EIA publish electric utility rate, tariff, and demand charge data?
- Does EIA publish inflation-adjusted gasoline prices?
- Does EIA publish off-road diesel fuel prices?
- How do I calculate diesel fuel surcharges?
- How do I compare the cost of heating fuels?
- How much does it cost to generate electricity with different types of power plants?
- Where can I get help paying my utility bills?
- Why am I being charged more for propane than the price on EIA's website?
- Why are diesel fuel prices higher than gasoline prices?
- How much tax do we pay on a gallon of gasoline and diesel fuel?
- What are the different coal prices published by EIA?
- What are the projections for U.S. gasoline and diesel fuel prices?
- What can I expect to pay for heating this winter?
- What do I pay for in a gallon of gasoline and diesel fuel?
- What is the outlook for home heating fuel prices this winter?