U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Markets & Finance
Previous IssuesAnnual 2014 (5/19/2015)
3nd Quarter 2014 (12/19/2014)
2nd Quarter 2014 (10/14/2014)
Annual 2013 (8/6/2014)
Financial Review: First-quarter 2015
Release date: July 20, 2015
Next release date: September 2015
- This analysis focuses on the financial and operating trends of 99 oil and natural gas companies ((called the energy companies).
- The data come from public financial statements each company submits to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, which a data service (Evaluate Energy) aggregates for ease of data analysis.
- For consistency, companies that were later acquired by another company in the group after first-quarter 2010 were kept in the prior year data.
- Several charts compare these upstream companies and the U.S. manufacturing industry, published in U.S. Census Bureau's Quarterly Financial Report.
- Totals shown on an annualized basis are the sum of the four quarters ending for that time period. The purpose of this method is to smooth volatility and seasonality.