U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Markets & Finance
Previous Issues1st Quarter 2015 (7/20/2015)
Annual 2014 (5/19/2015)
3nd Quarter 2014 (12/19/2014)
2nd Quarter 2014 (10/14/2014)
Annual 2013 (8/6/2014)
Financial Review: Second-quarter 2015
Release date: September 24, 2015
Next release date: November 2015
- Although crude oil prices increased in the second quarter over the first quarter, they remained well below the same period of last year.
- Although companies reduced investment spending, declines in operating cash flow were greater, contributing to a decline in cash balances.
- Many companies raised funds from debt or equity markets, although less than in the first quarter.
- The global oil and natural gas companies were less profitable than the U.S. manufacturing sector, which also showed declining profitability.
- Third-quarter 2015 results could show continued declines in profits, cash flow, and capital expenditure if crude oil prices continue to decline.