U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Electric Power Monthly
Data for August 2014 | Release Date: October 24, 2014 | Next Release: November 24, 2014
| full report
Revisions made to the August 2014 Electric Power Monthly:
September 23, 2014
- The version of the Electric Power Monthly posted September 3, 2014 failed to include the locations of existing and planned power plants in Figures 6.1.A-6.1.D. These locations are now properly displayed.
September 03, 2014
- Revenues for Retail Sales in the state of Illinois were overstated by 41% in June, resulting in a commensurate overstated average price of 41%. This error created an overstatement of the national price of about 1.3% in June. This correction will change the data in Tables ES1A and ES1B as well as Tables 5.2, 5.3, 5.5A, 5.5 B, 5.6A, and 5.6 B. The correction of the overstated revenue can be seen in the residential, commercial, and industrial sectors.
Revisions made to the July 2014 Electric Power Monthly:
August 8, 2014
- Nuclear net generation for May 2014 was revised upward from 62,116 gigawatthours (GWh) to 62,947 GWh. May 2014 coal net generation, meanwhile, was revised downward from 119,486 GWh to 119,483 GWh. On net, these revisions raised total net generation for May 2014 from 322,903 GWh to 323,731 GWh. These revisions produced minor changes in tables where Net Generation from Nuclear or Coal is included - those tables are ES1.A, ES1.B, 1.1, 1.1.A, 1.2, 1.7.A, 1.7.B, 1.12.A, 1.12.B, 6.7.A, and 6.7.B.
August 1, 2014
- Figure 6.1.C, Utility Scale Generating Units Planned to Come Online from June 2014 to May 2015, was revised on August 1, 2014. Four planned wind plants were incorrectly located on the West Virginia and Virginia border. These planned plants are to be located in Iowa. The revised map now locates these planned facilities in their proper location in Iowa.
July 30, 2014
- May 2014 Net Generation from Geothermal was overstated for the state of Hawaii (and the Pacific Noncontiguous region). Originally posted as 48 Gigawatthours (GWh), this value has been revised downward to 30 GWh. This revision also pushes down total U.S. Net Generation from Geothermal from 1,404 GWh to 1,385 GWh (approximately -1.3%).
- Total U.S. Net Generation is reduced downward from 322,925 GWh to 322,903 GWh (approximately -0.01%). This revision produced minor changes in tables where Net Generation from Geothermal is included – those tables are ES1.A, ES1.B, 1.1, 1.1.A, 1.3, 1.6.A, 1.6.B, 1.19.A, 1.19.B, and 6.7.B.