U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Country Analysis Brief Overview
- Qatar holds the world's third largest natural gas reserves and is the single largest supplier of liquefied natural gas. Qatar is also a member of OPEC and is a significant net exporter of oil.
- Qatar's proven reserves of oil were the 13th largest in the world at the end of 2012 and the country remains an important supplier of oil to world oil markets.
- Qatar has the largest non-associated natural gas field in the world and is the world's largest liquefied natural gas exporter.
- Qatar is the world's leading LNG exporter.
- Qatar's Oryx GTL project is in operation and the Pearl GTL project is expected to begin operations in 2011.
Analysis Last Updated: January 30, 2013
Overview data for Qatar+ EXPAND ALL
-- = Not applicable; NA = Not available; F = Forecast value
Sources: EIA. For more detailed data, see International Energy Statistics.
Data last updated: February 12, 2013
Other briefs related to Qatar
Qatar accounts for a growing share of LNG exports
February 25, 2011
Related International Information
International Energy Outlook yearly energy projections through 2035
Short Term Energy Outlook monthly energy projections through 2014
Annual Energy Outlook yearly US energy projections through 2040Sign Up for Email Updates