U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Weekly Coal Production
Data for week ended: January 17, 2015 | Release date: January 22, 2015 | Next release date: January 29, 2015
Note: Beginning with the Weekly Coal Production report released on 1/8/2015, EIA is utilizing a new estimation methodology. In addition, EIA is publishing regional and national original coal production estimates, however state-level original coal estimates will no longer be published. State-level monthly and weekly revised estimates will continue to be published.
For the week ended January 17, 2015:
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 19.4 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 2.5% higher than last week's estimate and 1.1% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2014
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 8.1 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 11.3 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 45.8 mmst, 1.8% higher than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2014
Weekly coal production estimates by region
|Current weekly estimates||xls|
Current estimates contain both current EIA original estimates (shaded) and revised estimates (not shaded). The revised estimates (not shaded) include the most recent MSHA data available as of the release date of the table. Most recent MSHA data available are for the third quarter of 2014. |
Weekly coal production estimation methodology
Revised and original estimates:
|Historical data files|
Revised estimate tables include the most recent MSHA data available, which are for the third quarter of 2014, and the tables contain only revised estimates.
Original estimate tables contain only EIA original estimates, unrevised.
Coal Data Browser