U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
For the week ended February 6, 2016
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 12.9 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 5.4% lower than last week's estimate and 30.1% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.1 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.8 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 69.6 mmst, 32.1% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
Weekly coal production estimates by region
Data & methodology
Current estimates contain both current EIA original estimates (shaded) and revised estimates (not shaded). The revised estimates (not shaded) include the most recent MSHA data available as of the release date of the table. Most recent MSHA data available are for the third quarter of 2015.
Revised and original estimates (weekly and monthly)
Revised estimate tables include the most recent MSHA data available, which are for the third quarter of 2015, and the tables contain only revised estimates.
Original estimate tables contain only EIA original estimates, unrevised.
Annual coal production by state
Click on a state to see mine-level data for that state
thousand short tons
|State||2014 Annual Producton||2013 Annual Producton||2012 Annual Producton|