U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
How many new nuclear power plants are being built in the United States?
Information on the status of new and planned commercial nuclear power reactors is available in the U.S. Department of Energy Nuclear Power Deployment Scorecard and the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Last reviewed: March 21, 2014
Other FAQs about Nuclear
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- How many and what kind of power plants are there in the United States?
- How many new nuclear power plants are being built in the United States?
- How many nuclear power plants are in the U.S. and where are they located?
- How much electricity does a nuclear power plant generate?
- How much spent (used) fuel is stored at U.S. nuclear power plants?
- How old are U.S. nuclear power plants and when was the last one built?