Petroleum Administration for Defense District (PADD)
Petroleum Administration for Defense District (PADD): The 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia are divided into five districts, with PADD 1 further split into three subdistricts. PADDs 6 and 7 encompass U.S. territories. The PADDs include the states and territories listed below:
Map of the PADD districts
- PADD 1 (East Coast):
- PADD 1A (New England): Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
- PADD 1B (Central Atlantic): Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
- PADD 1C (Lower Atlantic): Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- PADD 2 (Midwest): Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Wisconsin.
- PADD 3 (Gulf Coast): Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, and Texas.
- PADD 4 (Rocky Mountain): Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming.
- PADD 5 (West Coast): Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington.
- PADD 6: U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.
- PADD 7: Guam, American Samoa and the Northern Mariana Islands Territory.
(PADDs 6 and 7 are not shown on the map and are not included in U.S. totals for EIA data.)