Slide 12 of 20
1. There are several other estimates that show the peak production year occurring within the next 10 years.
2. This graph shows Laherrere’s 1997 estimate; he predicted the peak would occur around 2010 (“Future Sources of Crude Oil Supply and Quality Considerations,” DRI/McGraw-Hill/French Petroleum Institute, June 1997).
3. Other estimates (not shown) within the next ten years are:
- L. F. Ivanhoe’s estimate also showed peak production around 2010 (“Get Ready For Another Oil Shock!,” The Futurist, Jan-Feb, 1997).
- Duncan and Youngquist’s estimate of peak production is 2005-2007. (“The World Petroleum Life-Cycle: Encircling the Production Peak,” http://www.dieoff.org/page133.htm)