|Table 7.2. Receipts and Quality of Coal Delivered for the Electric Power Industry, 2010 through 2020|
|Period||Receipts (Thousand Tons)||Average Sulfur Percent by Weight||Average Ash Percent by Weight||Receipts (Thousand Tons)||Average Sulfur Percent by Weight||Average Ash Percent by Weight||Receipts (Thousand Tons)||Average Sulfur Percent by Weight||Average Ash Percent by Weight|
|* = Value is less than half of the smallest unit of measure. (e.g., for values with no decimals, the smallest unit is 1 then values under 0.5 are shown as *.)
NM = Not meaningful due to large relative standard error or excessive percentage change.
W = Withheld to avoid disclosure of individual company data.
Bituminous coal includes anthracite and beginning in 2011, coal-derived synthesis gas. Prior to 2011 coal-derived synthesis gas was included in Other Gases.
- All values are final.
- See Glossary for definitions.
- Starting in January 2013, there may have been a shift in the continuity of Chapter 7 tables due to changes in the sample design of Form EIA-923 and the imputation process.
- See the EIA-923 section of the Technical Notes for a discussion of the sample design for the Form EIA-923 and predecessor forms.
- See the Technical Notes for fuel conversion factors.
- Totals may not equal the sum of components because of independent rounding.
Sources: U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), Form EIA-923, "Power Plant Operations Report" and predecessor forms including Form EIA-423, "Monthly Cost and Quality of Fuels for Electric Plants Report" and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), FERC Form 423, "Monthly Report of Cost and Quality of Fuels for Electric Plants."