U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
No, the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) does not make projections for individual states. However, EIA does have projections for different regions of the country.
- Natural gas prices (by sector)
- Electricity retail sales (by sector)
- Electricity prices (by sector)
- Electricity generation (by energy source)
- Fuel consumption for electricity generation (by fuel type)
- Energy consumption by sector and source by Census division—supplemental tables 2 to 2.9
- Energy prices by sector and source by Census division—supplemental tables 3 to 3.9
- Electricity generation by sector and source, and sales and prices by sector by electricity market regions—supplemental tables 55 to 57
- Renewable energy capacity, generation, and consumption by fuel and the electric power and end-use sectors byelectricity market regions—supplemental tables 58 to 58.22
- Diesel fuel, motor gasoline, jet fuel, and residential heating oil prices and price components by Census division—supplemental tables 59 to 59.9
- Oil and natural gas production and wellhead prices by supply regions in the lower 48 states—supplemental tables 60 and 61
- Natural gas consumption and prices by end-use sector by Census division—supplemental tables 64 and 65
- Coal production and prices by producing region—supplemental tables 67 to 69
Last updated: May 18, 2016
Other FAQs about Crude Oil
- Does EIA have county-level energy production data?
- Does EIA have data on U.S. oil refineries and their locations?
- Does EIA have data on the movement of crude oil, ethanol, and biodiesel by rail and truck?
- Does EIA have data on the type or quality of crude oil?
- Does EIA have maps or information on the location of U.S. natural gas and oil pipelines?
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- Does the world have enough oil to meet our future needs?
- How many gallons of gasoline and diesel fuel are made from one barrel of oil?
- How much coal, natural gas, or petroleum is used to generate a kilowatthour of electricity?
- When was the last refinery built in the United States?
- How much of the oil produced in the United States is consumed in the United States?
- How much oil consumed by the United States comes from foreign countries?
- How much oil is consumed in the United States?
- How much oil is used to make plastic?
- How much petroleum does the United States import and export?
- How much shale (tight) oil is produced in the United States?
- What are petroleum products, and what is petroleum used for?
- What countries are the top net importers of oil?
- What do I pay for in a gallon of gasoline and diesel fuel?
- What is the difference between crude oil, petroleum products, and petroleum?
- What is the outlook for home heating fuel prices this winter?
- What types and amounts of energy are produced in each state?