U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
No, the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) does not make projections for individual states. However, EIA does have projections for different regions of the country.
- Natural gas prices (by sector)
- Electricity retail sales (by sector)
- Electricity prices (by sector)
- Electricity generation (by energy source)
- Fuel consumption for electricity generation (by fuel type)
- Energy consumption by sector and source by Census division (supplemental tables 1 to 10)
- Energy prices by sector and source by Census division (supplemental tables 11 to 20)
- Electricity generation by sector and source, and sales and prices by sector by electricity market regions (supplemental tables 73 to 97)
- Renewable energy capacity, generation, and consumption by fuel and the electric power and end-use sectors byelectricity market regions (supplemental tables 98 to 119)
- Diesel fuel, motor gasoline, jet fuel, and residential heating oil prices and price components by Census division (supplemental tables 121 to 129)
- Oil and natural gas production and wellhead prices by supply regions in the lower 48 states (supplemental tables 98 to 120)
- Natural gas consumption and prices by end-use sector by Census division (supplemental tables 135 and 136)
- Coal production and prices by producing region (supplemental tables 138 to 140)
Last updated: January 7, 2015
Other FAQs about General Energy
- Does EIA have county-level energy production data?
- Does EIA have energy consumption and price data for cities, counties, or by zip code?
- Does EIA have energy prices for countries?
- Does EIA have maps or information on the location of electric power plants and transmission lines in the United States?
- Does EIA have maps or information on the location of natural gas and oil pipelines?
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- How do I cite information on EIA's website in a bibliography?
- How many smart meters are installed in the U.S. and who has them?
- How much does it cost to build different types of power plants in the United States?
- How much energy does a person use in a year?
- How much energy is consumed in residential and commercial buildings in the United States?
- How much energy is consumed in the world by each sector?
- Where can I find out about energy-related grants or tax credits for my home or business?
- Where can I get help paying my utility bills?
- Who do I contact to complain about high energy prices?
- How much of world energy consumption and electricity generation is from renewable energy?
- What is the United States’ share of world energy consumption?
- What types and amounts of energy are produced in each state?