U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
What types and amounts of energy are produced in each state?
EIA has data on the types and amounts of energy produced in each state as follows:
- Coal, crude oil, natural gas, and fuel ethanol production in physical units and British Thermal Unit (Btu) equivalents back to 1960 in our State Energy Data System. To locate data for each state, click on the "Change State/Territory" field which is on the upper left side of the page and above the Overview tab. Then select a state. Scroll over the Energy Estimates tab and select “1960-2010 Estimates.” Scroll down the page and select the Production bar to view various types and amounts of energy.
- Coal — quarterly and annual
- Crude Oil — monthly and annual
- Natural Gas — monthly and annual
- Natural Gas Plant Liquids — monthly and annual
- Electricity — generation by fuel/energy source:
Last updated: February 28, 2013
Other FAQs about General Energy
- Does EIA have city or county-level energy consumption and price data?
- Does EIA have county-level energy production data?
- Does EIA have energy prices for countries?
- Does EIA have maps or information on the location of electric power plants and transmission lines in the United States?
- Does EIA have maps or information on the location of natural gas and oil pipelines?
- How do I cite information on EIA's website in a bibliography?
- How many smart meters are installed in the U.S. and who has them?
- How much does it cost to build different types of power plants in the United States?
- How much energy does a person use in a year?
- How much energy is consumed in the world by each sector?
- How much energy is used in buildings in the United States?
- Where can I find out about energy-related grants or tax credits for my home or business?
- Where can I get help paying my utility bills?
- Who do I contact to complain about high energy prices?
- How much of the world's energy does the United States use?
- How much of world energy consumption and electricity generation is from renewable energy?
- What types and amounts of energy are produced in each state?