U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I convert between short tons and metric tons?
For example: 12,300 short tons multiplied by 0.907184 equals 11,158 metric tons.
You can convert metric tons to short tons by multiplying the number of metric tons by 1.10231.
For example: 11,158 metric tons multiplied by 1.10231 equals 12,300 short tons.
Last reviewed: December 11, 2014
Other FAQs about Coal
- Does EIA have county-level energy production data?
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- Does EIA publish coking coal prices?
- From what country does the United States import the most coal?
- How do I convert between short tons and metric tons?
- How large are U.S. coal reserves?
- How many and what kind of power plants are there in the United States?
- How much coal, natural gas, or petroleum is used to generate a kilowatthour of electricity?
- Which states produce the most coal?
- To what country does the United States export the most coal?
- What are the different coal prices published by EIA?
- What is the average heat content of U.S. coal?
- What types and amounts of energy are produced in each state?