U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I convert between short tons and metric tons?
Convert short tons to metric tons by multiplying the number of short tons by 0.907184
For example: 12,300 short tons X 0.907184 = 11,158 metric tons.
Convert metric tons to short tons by multiplying the number of metric tons by 1.10231
For example: 11,158 metric tons X 1.10231= 12,300 short tons.
Last reviewed: September 6, 2012
Other FAQs about Environment
- Does EIA report water vapor emissions data?
- How do I convert between short tons and metric tons?
- How does the hole in the ozone layer affect global warming?
- How much carbon dioxide (CO2) is produced per kilowatt-hour when generating electricity with fossil fuels?
- How much carbon dioxide (CO2) is produced when different fuels are burned?
- How much carbon dioxide is produced by burning gasoline and diesel fuel?
- Why do carbon dioxide emissions weigh more than the original fuel?
- How much of U.S. carbon dioxide emissions are associated with electricity generation?
- What are greenhouse gases and how do they affect the climate?
- What are the energy-related carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions by source and sector for the United States?
- What are the greenhouse gas and air pollutant emissions factors for fuels and electricity?
- What are the sources of energy-related carbon dioxide emissions by type of fuel for the United States and the world?