U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
Does EIA have city or county-level energy consumption and price data?
EIA has gasoline price data for some cities and data for electric and natural gas distribution utilities, as follows:
- Gasoline prices, including taxes, for 10 cities.
- Electricity sales (a proxy for end-use consumption) and prices for distribution utilities. Most cities or municipal areas are served by a single distribution utility. However, many utilities serve a larger area than the jurisdictional boundaries of a specific city. The names of the counties, by State, where each electric utility has distribution equipment and which can be used as an estimate of a utility's service territory are in File 4 of EIA 861 survey database. In some cases, more than one utility may have distribution equipment in the same county.
- Natural gas delivery/sales and prices. EIA does not have data on the service territory of natural gas utilities.
Last revised: May 30, 2012
Other FAQs about Gasoline
- Can I tell where the gasoline at my local station comes from?
- Does EIA have city or county-level energy consumption and price data?
- Does EIA have gasoline prices by city, county, or zip code?
- How can I find historical gasoline prices for each state?
- How many gallons of gasoline does one barrel of oil make?
- How much carbon dioxide is produced by burning gasoline and diesel fuel?
- What was the highest U.S. average retail price of regular gasoline?
- What's up (and down) with gasoline prices?
- Where can I find inflation-adjusted gasoline prices?
- Why are the retail pump prices for gasoline and diesel fuel in increments of 0.9 cents?
- Why don't fuel prices change as quickly as crude oil prices?
- Why is the United States exporting gasoline when prices are so high?
- How much ethanol is in gasoline and how does it affect fuel economy?
- How much gasoline does the United States consume?
- How much tax do we pay on a gallon of gasoline and diesel fuel?
- What do I pay for in a gallon of regular gasoline?
- What is the outlook for gasoline prices for 2013 and for 2014?