Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I get help paying my utility bills?

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides federally funded assistance in managing costs associated with home energy bills, energy crises, weatherization and energy-related minor home repairs.

Some electric and gas utilities, churches, and social services organizations may have emergency financial assistance programs. You will have to contact those organizations in your area.

Last updated: July 22, 2013 

Other FAQs about Prices