U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I being charged more for propane than the price on EIA's website?
The price you are being charged for propane can vary widely from the prices that EIA publishes. EIA publishes the average of the prices reported to us by respondents to our surveys. They do not include taxes, or any premiums or discounts that you may be charged or offered by your propane supplier. They are only a general guide to propane prices in your area.
We cannot tell you if you are being charged a reasonable or fair price for your propane. There is no government regulation or control of propane prices. If you think you are being charged unfairly by your propane supplier, you may contact your local Better Business Bureau and/or your state consumer protection agency, usually administered by the Attorney General. They may be able to assist you.
Weekly average propane prices, October through March, for the United States, selected states, and regions of the country
Educational information on propane and propane prices
Last updated: February 10, 2014
Other FAQs about Prices
- Are the prices that EIA publishes adjusted for inflation?
- Does EIA have energy prices for countries?
- Does EIA have ethanol price data?
- Does EIA have gasoline prices by city, county, or zip code?
- Does EIA have projections for energy production, consumption, and prices for individual states?
- Does EIA publish coking coal prices?
- Does EIA publish electric utility rate, tariff, and demand charge data?
- Does EIA publish inflation-adjusted gasoline prices?
- Does EIA publish off-road diesel fuel prices?
- Does the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) have energy consumption and price data for cities, counties, or by zip code?
- How do I calculate diesel fuel surcharges?
- How much does it cost to generate electricity with different types of power plants?
- How much does it cost to produce crude oil and natural gas?
- What was the highest U.S. average retail price of regular gasoline?
- What's up (and down) with gasoline prices?
- Where can I find out about energy-related grants or tax credits for my home or business?
- Where can I get help paying my utility bills?
- Who do I contact to complain about high energy prices?
- Why am I being charged more for propane than the price on EIA's website?
- Why are the retail pump prices for gasoline and diesel fuel in increments of 0.9 cents?
- Why don't fuel prices change as quickly as crude oil prices?
- Why has diesel fuel been more expensive than gasoline?
- Why is the United States exporting gasoline when prices are so high?
- How much tax do we pay on a gallon of gasoline and diesel fuel?
- What are the differences between various types of crude oil prices?
- What are the different coal prices published by EIA?
- What can I expect to pay for heating this winter?
- What do I pay for in a gallon of gasoline and diesel fuel?
- What is the outlook for gasoline prices for 2014 and for 2015?
- What is the outlook for home heating fuel prices this winter?