Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I contact to complain about high energy prices?

The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) is the statistical and analytical agency within the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). EIA collects, analyzes, and disseminates independent and impartial energy information to promote sound policymaking, efficient markets, and public understanding of energy and its interaction with the economy and the environment.

EIA is not the appropriate agency to express your concerns or opinions concerning government policy.

You may direct your questions and concerns to your elected U.S. state and federal official. Also, the DOE’s Office of Energy Policy and System Analysis is responds to letters on behalf of the Secretary of Energy from the public regarding energy policy matters. You may send your energy policy concerns to

Secretary Ernest Moniz
c/o Office of Energy Policy and System Analysis
U.S. Department of Energy
1000 Independence Ave., S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20585

Last updated: June 16, 2014

Other FAQs about General Energy

On This Page:


Conversion & Equivalents

Crude Oil





General Energy

Natural Gas




Full list of upcoming reports

Sign up for email notifications

Get the What's New RSS feed

Didn't find the answer to your question? Ask an energy expert.