U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
Who do I contact to complain about high energy prices?
The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) is a policy-neutral statistical and analytical agency within the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). EIA is not the appropriate agency for expressing your concerns or opinions on government policy.
You may direct your questions and concerns to your elected U.S. state and federal official. Additionally, the DOE Office of Policy and International Affairs responds to letters from the public on behalf of the Secretary of Energy regarding energy policy matters. To communicate your concerns related to energy policy, you may write to:
Secretary Ernest Moniz
c/o The Policy Office
U.S. Department of Energy
1000 Independence Ave., S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20585
Last updated: May 21, 2013
Other FAQs about General Energy
- Does EIA have city or county-level energy consumption and price data?
- Does EIA have county-level energy production data?
- Does EIA have energy prices for countries?
- Does EIA have maps or information on the location of electric power plants and transmission lines in the United States?
- Does EIA have maps or information on the location of natural gas and oil pipelines?
- How do I cite information on EIA's website in a bibliography?
- How many smart meters are installed in the U.S. and who has them?
- How much does it cost to build different types of power plants in the United States?
- How much energy does a person use in a year?
- How much energy is consumed in residential and commercial buildings in the United States?
- How much energy is consumed in the world by each sector?
- Where can I find out about energy-related grants or tax credits for my home or business?
- Where can I get help paying my utility bills?
- Who do I contact to complain about high energy prices?
- How much of the world's energy does the United States use?
- How much of world energy consumption and electricity generation is from renewable energy?
- What types and amounts of energy are produced in each state?