U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis
Test your energy IQ with these 20 questions.
- How much of the natural gas produced in the United States during the first half of 2015 came from U.S. shale basins?
- How much of U.S. energy consumption was from renewable energy sources in 2014?
- How many gallons of gasoline are refined from one barrel of crude oil?
- About what percent of U.S. electricity was generated from nuclear power in 2014?
- Which U.S. state produced the most natural gas in 2013?
- How much of U.S. electricity generation came from renewable energy sources in 2014?
- How much of total U.S. hydroelectricity generation was from the state of Washington in 2014?
- What was China's share of total world coal consumption in 2013?
- What percent of U.S. net petroleum imports came from Persian Gulf countries in 2014?
- What percent of U.S. coal production in 2013 was from Wyoming?
- About what percent of the petroleum consumed in the United States is used for transportation?
- How much did U.S. natural gas proved reserves increase from 2008 to 2013?
- How many nuclear power plants are there in the United States?
- What is the largest cost component of the retail price of motor gasoline in the United States?
- Electricity is called a secondary energy source because...?
- it's our #2 source of energy
- it's not as important as coal, natural gas, or oil
- we get electricity by converting other energy sources
- all of the above
- In what year were crude oil prices the highest ever recorded?
- How much did the United States contribute to world carbon dioxide emissions related to energy consumption in 2012?
- What U.S. state was the second-largest crude oil producer in 2014?
- What U.S. state has the highest electricity prices?
- Natural gas accounted for what share of total U.S. energy production in 2014?